Friday, June 4, 2010

New Reads



I am reading Michael Perry's newest memoir; Coop, A family, a Farm, and the Pursuit of One Good Egg.


I am loving it! He is humorous, yet with a warm voice. His prose are evocative and quirky and so much fun! I only wish there was more time in the day to sink into the couch and bury my nose the pages. I have already placed holds on his other books (once I find an author I like I tend to seek out everything they've done), so I better get crackin'!



Wyatt and I are reading Warriors: Into the Wild by Erin Hunter (who is actually 4 authors: Victoria Holmes, Cherith Baldry, Kate Cary, and Tui Sutherland).


It's a story about a "kittypet" named Rusty who leaves his "twoleg" home to join a clan of wild cats. Wyatt saw the book at the bookstore a few months ago (there is a warrior cat on the front - what do you expect?) and absolutely had to have it! I hesitated to start reading it with him because I thought it was a little mature, but so far he is totally and completely engrossed. This is his first chapter book without lots of pictures, and when I read it with him I can see his imagination at work. Some of my fondest memories as a kid are of getting so caught up in a story that the world just melted away... It's really, really exciting for me to see Wyatt beginning on a journey of his own!


Happy reading to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment